2022 Ram 1500 in BC: Towing Guide
Explore the near-peerless towing capabilities of the 2022 Ram 1500, which can easily haul up to 5,783 kg (12,750 lbs). Visit Cranbrook Dodge in BC to learn more about this light-duty truck lineup and how it can dominate all cargo demands.
Ram 1500 (DT) Towing and Payload Charts
2022 RAM 1500 in BC: Towing Information
2022 Ram 1500: Towing FAQ
These are some of the most common questions we get on the topic of towing. Check them outâ€”they might be the same questions you have.
What Is Torque?
- Torque refers to rotational power, and when applied to a vehicle, it indicates the force produced by an engine’s crankshaft, measured in pound-feet. Generally, the more torque that a vehicle can apply, the better suited it is for moving heavy objectsâ€”such as when towing or climbing steep grades.
What Is Horsepower?
- Horsepower is a measure of the power that an engine produces, or what it takes to move an object over a certain distance in a certain amount of time. In the simplest terms, horsepower measures the rate at which work is done. One unit of horsepower is the power required to raise a 33,000-pound object by one foot in a minute.
What Is Payload Capacity?
- Payload capacity is the amount of weight your vehicle can carry, including passengers and cargo. It does not include the weight of the vehicle itself.
What Is Towing Capacity?
- Towing capacity indicates how much your vehicle can tow, including the weight of your trailer itself.
How Is Towing Capacity Calculated?
- To calculate your towing capacity, you’ll need to know your vehicle’s Gross Combined Weight Rating (GCWR, which is determined by the manufacturer), the weight of your vehicle (or curb weight), and the weight of any payload you’re carrying (passengers and cargo combined). Subtract the vehicle’s curb weight and payload weight from GCWR to find how much your vehicle can tow.
What Does GVWR Mean?
- GVWR, or Gross Vehicle Weight Rating, indicates the maximum operable weight of a vehicle, including all components of the vehicle itself as well as fuel, accessories, the driver and any passengers and cargo, but excluding all towing.
2022 Ram 1500 Outperforms Competitors in BC
2022 Ram 1500 models have been engineered to impress. From high-tech features to aerodynamic designs, these light-duty pickups are unmatched in their class by other competitors – including the new F-150, Sierra, and Silverado.
2022 Ram 1500 in BC: Exterior Features for Hauling
When it comes to hauling, the 2022 Ram 1500 proves an ideal option for BC drivers. This light-duty truck is capable of managing maxed-out towing and payload limits that far exceed its competitors. Offering tailgate revisions and specialty hitches, it has been designed for heavy cargo – allowing it to transition from work to play with ease.
2022 Ram 1500 in BC: Dampened Tailgate
In order to gain access to the bed of the new 2022 Ram 1500, the tailgate must first be opened. Unlike conventional styles, this particular version is dampened. That means that it will be let down at a controlled rate when you pull the lever. It will not simply slam open or fall. Even in cold climates, it will release in an even and consistent manner, affording a more efficient experience. Some can even be operated with the appropriate button on the key fob with Tailgate Assist to further improve performance.
2022 Ram 1500 in BC: Multifunction Tailgate
Another unique element that is available for the 2022 Ram 1500 is the Multifunction Tailgate. It can be operated just like a traditional unit at 180° (flat), but it has other design options to provide greater versatility. For example, the 60/40 split-swing doors open away from the bed up to 88° – which allows you to get closer to the box when loading or unloading cargo. It can also hold up to 907 kg (2,000 lbs) effortlessly, which means that you can take full advantage of it for working, relaxing, and everything in between.
2022 Ram 1500 in BC: RamBox Cargo Management System
One of the most attractive features of the new 1500 is the RamBox Cargo Management System. Providing enhanced organization, the unit adds lockable storage bins on the side of the bed. These compartments are weatherproof and illuminated. They can also be washed out and dried easily, thanks to the integrated drains. You can use them to store tools, gear, or even ice for a makeshift cooler. Finally, there is a 115-volt auxiliary outlet located on the driver’s side to give you power when needed.
2022 Ram 1500 in BC: Class IV Hitch Receiver
If you want to get the most out of your new 2022 Ram 1500, then you will love using the Class IV hitch receiver. Crafted from steel, this is the piece that makes towing a breeze. You can secure your trailer or other attachment easily, and it comes with an integrated wiring harness to ensure the proper connections with the lighting and brakes are made. You can even link up at night or in dim condition with the help of the Trailer Hitch Light.
Find a 2022 Ram 1500 in BC
Are you ready to give the 2022 Ram 1500 a try in person? Get in touch with our team of friendly agents at Cranbrook Dodge today to schedule a test drive! We will gladly provide you with the spec and financing information you need to find the perfect light-duty truck.